Re: Meeting the vendors Half way (long)

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Meeting the vendors Half way (long)
From: laurahoey@myself.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:20:45 -0400 (EDT)
My vendor, Ross Mullen, has always met me more than half way. After he did a
considerable amount of work on my car and it still needed fine tuning he drove
2.5 hours to my place, spent all day working on it and then home again. Another
time he made arrangements for me to stay with his (very generous) parents at
their house on near the beach for two nights while he did some more work. Soon
he will be making a house call to deliver a very large and heavy additional
part for my car (not ready to divulge what it is).

Some on this list would say for what I paid for my restoration I should expect
the service I have received. Maybe so but the point is I actually got the
service. Ebay certainly doesn't make house calls nor do most of the sellers
allow be to buy on approval of the part. What you pay for is what you get. Ebay
also doesn't allow me to pay half now and half on delivery as Jim from Topless
Datsun has allowed me to do.

So yes, I'm loyal to the vendors. They give me fantastic service, they have
always returned my emails and the good ones call me back on their dime.

No need to step down from this soap box, I stand on every word