Re: DATSUN ROADSTER MOUSE PAD

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DATSUN ROADSTER MOUSE PAD
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 06:34:04 -0500
I have been on this list for about 7 years and probably read every note
that has come from it.  I have gotten aquatinted with some very nice
people.  I've gotten lots of help along the way to keep my roadster on the
road.  I thank you all for your help.

Along the way there have been a few discussions that have resulted in
rules.  The first, that I remember, is the request that vendors limit their
advertising to a once a month "special" list so this did not become a
commercial forum.  Good thought.  The next is the request that any topic
have some roadster content  so people could bring up other discussions as
long as part of their note discusses roadsters.  That has helped eliminate
lots of extra use of band width.

I would like to suggest another rule.  And I hope I dont start what I am
trying to solve.  Lately there has been an abundance of arguing about a
variety of subjects.  The mouse pad is the latest.  I would like to suggest
that if you have an issue with a comment or vendor that you contact that
person directly and keep it between yourselves.  Many of these arguments
have been over opinions and observations and not over differences about
torque settings or the proper use of Permatex.

I guess I could easily skip over all of the correspondence but I tend to
really enjoy the forum and read it all to see if I can gain any knowledge
from the experts on the list.  I really don't want to miss anything
important.  Maybe this is really none of my business and if so,  I can take
it or leave it, my choice.   I would really prefer that we keep the list as
a forum for discussion of the cars we all love.

I will sit back and "listen" to the discussion.  I have added my thoughts
and will  ,as always, read all of the comments/suggestions.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter Office # - 847-458-7829
   Internal phonemail only  -  847-240-4725      pager pin#  800-759-8888
pin 8710561