Fwd: 67 1600 fuel leak

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: 67 1600 fuel leak
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:59:01 EDT
--part1_f6.10531bb.26a74665_boundary

From: CarterCM@aol.com
Full-name: CarterCM
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:31:47 EDT
Subject: Re: 67 1600 fuel leak
To: robinkrause@hotmail.com

In a message dated 7/19/00 9:36:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
robinkrause@hotmail.com writes:

<<  I had gas pouring out of my rear float bowl on Monday.  I opened it,
 expecting to find a sunken float, but it was bobbing away happily at the top
 of the bowl as the gas was slopping over...Any other suggestions??  >>

Robin,

"Sunken" floats aren't necessarily sunken...just a small amount of gas inside
and the carbs won't perform...but they appear happily floating. Take them out
and shake next to your ear to listen for liquid inside. If in doubt...just
replace them with brand new (not expensive) and eliminate them as a potential
source of problems, now and future.

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
1970 SRL311 #14100 "DAT2000"