Re: 67 1600 fuel leak

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, pletch@home.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 67 1600 fuel leak
From: "Robin Krause" <robinkrause@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:34:18 PDT
This post brings up a problem that I had this week.

I had gas pouring out of my rear float bowl on Monday.  I opened it,
expecting to find a sunken float, but it was bobbing away happily at the top
of the bowl as the gas was slopping over.  Jim Anable suggested I mess with
the valve assembly on the lid of the float bowl.  I bent it out a little bit
so it was at the same spot as the front valve.  That seemed to solve the
problem.  Last night, however, the car died on the way home from work.  It
was backfiring a bit and running rough when I left on my 3 mile commute.
Then it started shuddering and choking and losing power as I headed up the
hill for home.  I pulled it over near a friends house and it spent the night
in his garage while I went home to mull things over.  The floats in both
bowls were at the same level.  There was no gas overflow this time.  They
seemed a tad low to me.  I'm going to clean up a spare set of float bowl
covers and look for the filter that was mentioned a few weeks ago on the
list.  Any other suggestions??

Robin Krause
Redmond, Wa
68 1600