Re: Fwd: 67 1600 fuel leak

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: 67 1600 fuel leak
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
> robinkrause@hotmail.com writes:
>
> <<  I had gas pouring out of my rear float bowl on Monday.  I opened
> it,
>  expecting to find a sunken float, but it was bobbing away happily at
> the top
>  of the bowl as the gas was slopping over...Any other suggestions??
> >>

> Robin,
>
> "Sunken" floats aren't necessarily sunken...just a small amount of
> gas inside
> and the carbs won't perform...but they appear happily floating. Take
> them out
> and shake next to your ear to listen for liquid inside. If in
> doubt...just
> replace them with brand new (not expensive) and eliminate them as a
> potential
> source of problems, now and future.
>
> Craig Carter
> Fountain Valley, CA
> 1970 SRL311 #14100 "DAT2000"
> 1968 Datsun Roadster DP racecars

Just to add to Craig, sometimes the jets get clogged up with dirt. carb
cleaner shot in the other direction will clean it out. Ive had this
happen where my float was not sunk and had no liquid in it at all, yet
gas was flowing out. Blowing it out with the carb spray fixed it.

Roman Rist

http://mail.yahoo.com/