Re: shasta

To: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Subject: Re: shasta
From: Guy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:53:08 -0700
Gordon Glasgow wrote:

> That's why they call them "roadsores".  ;-)
>
> I drove mine straight back to Seattle from Shasta two years ago. Usually we
>stop to visit friends
> overnight, but there was a timing mixup and we decided to just drive on home.
>That's about 550
> miles. I was tired but survived, even at my age. And that was with comp
>suspension. You could
> probably break it up into 3 days each way and not be too dead by the end.
>
> Ken Pearce obviously gets the "Iron Buns" award, but he's not an old f*rt
>like some of us.  ;-).
>
> Side note: a friend of mine once drove straight through from Seattle to Long
>Beach for the F1 race
> in his comp-suspended 280Z. 16 hours down on Friday night, 15 1/2 hours back
>on Sunday night. That's
> hardcore flying.
>
> Guy wrote:
>
> > Ron Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe if we all start prepping now, some more from AZ could go HINT
> > > HINT!!!. I just spent the day maintaining the blue car and now to pull
> > > the axle on the black one. At least it keeps me out of the bars!
> > >
> > > Ron
> >
> > Hi Ron,
> > I'm sure going to give it a real good try.  I am still a little
> > intimidated by the mileage to Shasta (980 miles, one way, from my
> > house).  I think I would have a major case of rigor mortis of the
> > kiester if I did that in my 1600.
> >
> > Guy
>
> --
> Gordon Glasgow
> http://www.gordon-glasgow.org

Hi Gordon,

Sounds like we are singing from the same sheet of music.  My trip
involved 16 hours of driving in my cushy new ford explorer land whale.
My 50 year old butt was flat for two days.  I guess I shouldn't complain
too much at least it wasn't sagging any more than usual.  After we left
Shasta we drove up to Olympia, Seattle, Mt Rainier, and Mt. St Helens.
The drive up to Windy Ridge (overlooking whats left of Spirit Lake and
Mt. St.Helens).... NOW that would be a GREAT trip in a roadster.  Oh,
during my travels in WA, I spotted two roadsters. One was out on the
pacific coast near Ocean City on Highway 115 and the other was a white
one in a small town on the way to Mt Rainier.  I think it was in Yelm (I
was slightly off course at the moment).  What a trip.  I love your State
and all it has to offer.  Oh, in case you haven't been there, the three
different water falls on the Lewis River were magnificent. The drive up
to Paradise on Mt Rainier would also be great in a roadster.  What a
trip!

Guy