Re: shasta

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shasta
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:42:30 -0700
That's why they call them "roadsores".  ;-)

I drove mine straight back to Seattle from Shasta two years ago. Usually we
stop to visit friends
overnight, but there was a timing mixup and we decided to just drive on home.
That's about 550
miles. I was tired but survived, even at my age. And that was with comp
suspension. You could
probably break it up into 3 days each way and not be too dead by the end.

Ken Pearce obviously gets the "Iron Buns" award, but he's not an old f*rt like
some of us.  ;-).

Side note: a friend of mine once drove straight through from Seattle to Long
Beach for the F1 race
in his comp-suspended 280Z. 16 hours down on Friday night, 15 1/2 hours back on
Sunday night. That's
hardcore flying.

--
Gordon Glasgow