two piece wheels

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: two piece wheels
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:56:45 -0500
List

I went to Atlanta this weekend and picked up a set of EMPI's from a Z car
guy.  These are the same wheels that Bob Bondurant had on his racing schools
white 2000.  These wheels look GREAT - almost in perfect shape!!  Even came
with almost new 195-60-14s.  These weren't as cheap as the wheels Rob found,
but a price I could not refuse.  The EMPIs will give my '66 a classic look -
I did not want that Honda want-a-be look.  The guy that sold these wheels
has one of the nicest restored 240's I have seen in a long time - beautiful
car.

I have some questions on these wheels.

How rare are these.

These came with tubes and one is bad.  How much are seals for two piece
wheels and where do you get them.

It doesn't look like the wheels have been taken apart for a long time - if
ever.  Do you take these apart to change tires or once assembled do you
treat them like any other one piece wheel and leave them bolted together.

If it remember right the Roadster ('66) wheel studs are 7/16-20.  Is that
correct?

Any information on these wheels will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Phil
SEROC