Roadster Prices Revisited

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster Prices Revisited
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:19:19 PDT
Hello All,

Once again I find myself questioning the pricing guidelines when it comes to
selling our cars. Now I am not about to rejoin the 25 thousand dollar
roadster debate, but I saw a 69 2000 for sale today that again led me to
believe that at least some people think these cars are worth more than those
of us who follow the prices regularly do.

This car is a nice looking yellow 69 2000 with panasports. Guy claims to
have 8 grand into the car. Wants 13k obo. Now in my opinion, a 13k price
range means pretty damn near perfect. Fully restored. Yet I can locate a 67
2 liter conversion with American Racing Wheels that is listed as "98%
restored" (and does look good in the photo)for 5500.00.

Where is the disconnect? Is it really just people asking whatever they think
it is worth? Is it just that you have to shop around? When I posted the shot
of my 70 2000, almost every response I got included a "how much did you
pay?" I haven't repsonded because it isn't anyone's business and also
because I want to keep the asking price on these cars reasonable. It is up
to the buyer to bargain for the car. We all know that we can get a driver
for 3-4 k. A really nice one goes for 7 and above. For 13k and above, I want
concourse, frame off restoration. That's only my opinion. I am sure there
are others.

So to the guy with the 13k 69 2000 I say I wish you the best but I think you
may have to deal down a little for the car.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 (priceless)
70 2000 (4500.00 OBO)
SoCalROC