Re: Crazy VARA Racer's Opinion

To: rday@bigtex.ci.dallas.tx.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crazy VARA Racer's Opinion
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 17:48:35 EDT
Hello,

Since we are taling about the size of the rear tires being inadequite for
racing in E Prod I thought I would through out something that I just saw on
SRL311000701 owned by David Pina, part of the soon to be formed NorCal Datsun
Racing Team.  He has a set of springs on his car that curve inward twice so
that you can run a wider whell and tire and not rub against the springs.
(Picture the spring laying on its side and having it curve upward twice like
a pair of...... hills.)

Btw.... this car has a serious racing history dating back to the early '70's
and it also has some BRE history.  It has sat in a garage for many many years
and recently been taken out and cleaned up and started and raced at a local
Auto-X.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion