U20 Compression

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: U20 Compression
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:03:10 -0700
List,
After Stephan's use of 1600 domed pistons in his U20 it
had me wondering what the race car engines that are running
11.5 to 1 or higher compression ratio's are using for pistons.

NISMO catalog shows an Arias .40 over piston, but it doesn't
mention if it is domed or not. The standard U20 piston is a flat
top cast piston. I am thinking there are at least two ways to increase
compression in the U20 one is use the flat top style piston and deck
the block. the other is using dome top or pop up type pistons.
I realize that the engine would have to be run on racing fuel.

I am just trying to get an idea what has been done out there to
accomplish
this on the U20 race cars.

Thanks,
Mike