Carb question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb question
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:02:25 -0700 (PDT)
I was helping a friend work on his 1600 last night and
the car would not idle at all. starting sequence:
crank, fires right up, carb backfires for 4-5 times
then up to 2200 rpm it goes and runs at that speed.
give it a little gas and it backfires throught he
carbs. Shut it down, fire it up and the same thing.

We tried turning the adjustments on the bottom all the
way closed and them opening slowly like the book says
but they never slowed down. Any thoughts? Since it's
not fuel injected I have a hard time!

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6
68 1600 (For Sale $3100 OBO)