media blast, rust, and paint

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: media blast, rust, and paint
From: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:46:27 -0700
I guess the first thing that I'm probably going to do is strip the car down
and get rid of the rust and paint it. A few questions. Where is a good
place for media blasting in the SF bay area, somewhere that is reliable and
cheap. Also I have a small rust hole in the right rear wheel well (try
saying that 10 times fast) about the size of a golfball. Is that something
that I should fix when I get it blasted? how should I go about fixing it,
and about how much does it cost? Also since the car will be stripped, of
its current paint, I want to repaint it the original color. Right now I
think it is nissan blue, but the original paint code is 531, beige gray.
Where is a good paint shop?

All in all, I'm going to get these things done. It is just a matter of how
much will it cost me. Is is better to get it done all at once, or is it
expensive enough to do it in part. Most of the chrome is still in good
condition, but will be needed to be rechromed probably after the body work.
Thanks for the emails.
                              _     _
- Hoon Kim                   ( \---/ )
                              ) . . (