Re: Vindication (Sort of)

To: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Vindication (Sort of)
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:14:16 -0700
I believe that Solex cars can outperform SU cars at high revs, but only if
they are tuned!

Forgive me Calspeed, but after all, this was posted last year after Doheny.
On the way back Calspeed raced his 67.5 Solex against my 66 SU 2000. He
couldn't catch me. We got up to about 110 and he was always at least a car
length behind. I felt pretty good about my engine after rebuilding it, and
had it tuned pretty good. After that, I'm sure Calspeed did some work on
his Solex carbs!

Oh, to make it fair for his car, we started the race above 3500 rpms in
4th. I can take him from a dead stop!

Fred - So.SF