Re: Speaking of Lighting

To: <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Lighting
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 01:45:29 -0800
You probably got this already, but just in case you didn't. Here's how I
hooked my fog lamps up:

The relay terminal spade arrangement (with 3 vertical and two horizontal
spades) looks like this:

I     --      I
      _

It has reference numbers next to the terminal spades:
      30
86   87a    85
      87

Use color coded wires:

Red (30) heavy gauge wire to an inline 15A fuse then to the positive lead
of the battery.
Green (86) is a ground wire to the car chassis.
Yellow (87a) goes to the left fog lamp (+).
White (87) goes to the right fog lamp (+).
Black (85) goes to the switched wire at the wiring harness in front of the
radiator.

The remaining (-) leads on the fog lamps are grounded to the car chassis.
Note: There are two pairs of wires hanging from the wiring harness in front
of the radiator, that are for the fog lamps controlled from the dash. Only
one pair is needed. And only one of those wires is needed to connect to
Black (85) on the relay. Turn on the dash switch, and use a testor to
determine which of those wires is the "hot" one. Of course, you should
disconnect the battery while connecting everything up.

Hope this helps, Fred - So.SF