Re: Oil pressure... (was Speaking of Lighting)

To: slick@mohaveaz.com, kyle@sonic.net, cmgfam@sover.net, jschmi7@us.ibm.com,
Subject: Re: Oil pressure... (was Speaking of Lighting)
From: SRL311KA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:23:15 EST
Hey Patrick, not all engines have zero oil pressure at idle, and Pennzoil and
Quaker State are not designed to fail. Most Datsuns will read low at idle and
might even read zero but most normal engines have10 to 20 pounds of pressure
at idle. The oil pressure sending units of older Datsuns have a history of
reading low, especially at idle. If you insert a manual type gauge you'll see
10 to 20 lbs. that the electrical sender is not reporting. We used to install
2 liter roadster senders in 240z's to get the gauges to read correctly.
   I have worked in 2 car dealerships since 1974. Both pumped Quaker State
oil exclusively. Never have I seen an engine failure due to this oil.
   Believe half of what you see, and 1/4 of what you read.

Bill Kenyon
SRL311 KA