Re[2]: Oil pressure... (was Speaking of Lighting)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: Oil pressure... (was Speaking of Lighting)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:28:47 -0800
Hi Pat,

I wonder if this falls under the guidelines Victor Laury mentioned. Namely

'Some empirical testing that supports opinion or experiences.'

I'm curious about Pennzoil and Quaker State oil, just why are they
designed for failure? I've used both on and off for more than thirty
years, and the only engine failure I experienced was when the oil filter
fell off my wifes Maxima (a Nissan mechanic was responsible for that
one)! Lack of regular oil changes are the causes of many problems,
regardless of the brand of oil used. And you need to stick to one brand,
because the ingredients may not be compatible between brands of oil. You
can end up with sludge. So, one also needs to be careful about adding
additives to your oil. Be sure they're compatible!

Fred - So.SF