Re: Flywheel removal

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel removal
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:40:20 -0800
And if you don't have the breaker bar and 1-1/16" socket handy, here's a quick
and
dirty way to do it. Remove the spark plugs. Turn the engine over until #4 piston
is coming up on it's compression stroke (very important that it be compression
stroke, not exhaust stroke, or you might bend a valve). Feed a bunch of cotton
or
nylon rope into the spark plug hole (be sure to leave the end hanging out -
Duh!).
Turn the engine over so #4 piston compresses against the rope and won't let the
engine turn any more. Now remove the flywheel bolts.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org