Re: Flywheel removal

To: "Sochoux, Stephan" <SSochoux@dbc.com>,
Subject: Re: Flywheel removal
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:17:17 -0800
Steven,
I can't wait to here the different suggestions on this one :-)
Her are mine. The easiest way would be with a 1/2" drive air impact
wrench. I am assuming you don't have one or you would have tried it first.

Second way would be to put a socket with a breaker handle or ratchet
wrench ( 1/2" drive) on the crank nut in the front. Have someone hold
it or lower the lift so the engine is almost on the ground and the handle
can be braced from turning against the floor. Then use a seperate
breaker bar or ratchet wrench  with the 8mm allen on the flywheel bolt.

Mike
Hayden Lake, Idaho