Re: Wheels

To: KWS711@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: Jim Moore <jmoore1@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:56:17 -0400
KWS711@aol.com wrote:

> Looking for 4 center caps for some Libra 14x5.5" wheels. Any out there?
>
> Also, any suggestions on for auto x-ing tires? I'm planning on running
> 185/60 14's. Looking for a good sticky tire, not too worried about mileage.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kim
> 68 2000

There are a few brands of dedicating auto-xing tires out there. BFG
sells their Comp T/A KD..replacing the R1s. They have a treadwear rating
of 0 (zero), which means all you have to do is look at them funny to
make the tread wear, but they do stick. I ran the Kumho V700 Victoracer
on my 93 Rx-7 this year, only for 3 auto-xs (they're for sale
P245/45ZR-16s) they have a treadwear rating of 50. Yokohama makes an
A032, which has some deep grooves in it. Ideal if you are planning to
run it as a street tire also. I ran the Kumhos on the street, but only
on dry days ;o)

Hoosier also makes a tire, but it is nothing more than a thinly disuised
slick. Not good if you plan on using it on the street at all.

Jim Moore
69 2000 RHD Fairlady
Germantown MD