Re: Wheels

To: Jim Moore <jmoore1@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:34:15 -0700
One important lesson I learned from running BFG Comp TA R-1's on the street is -
DON'T! While the tire is DOT approved, the sidewalls are very stiff and are not
designed to take the shock of hitting potholes, railroad crossings, etc. Three
of
the four tires had major cracks in the inner sidewalls after 8,000 miles of
street driving. BFG verified that's what was happening. It sure was fun in the
corners, but the fun would have evaporated real fast if one of them had
disintegrated at 10/10ths driving.

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA