Sacramento rummage sale update

To: badroc@lists.best.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Sacramento rummage sale update
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I had the opportunity to help Ken sort through things for his
'rummage sale' later this week. He has quite an assortment
of odds and ends - almost all from late-model cars. All parts
are used, but are better than a lot of the 'swap meet' quality
that you come across. Since he's having a problem posting to the
list, I thought I'd give a rundown:

He has lots of rear body-mount license plate lights. 1970 side
marker lights (didn't see '69 side markers, but there may be a
couple in there). Some bumpers that have license lights, but
they've got the too-typical dings and twists.

Chrome - lots of chrome pieces, including a pretty clean set
of the side trim (I saw a L&R front fender spear set that was
straight and ding free). Headlight rings, but they need to have
the dents and dings exorcised. I think there was a set of
hubcaps in not too-bad shape. 4- and 7-blade fans.

Windshield washer and overflow bottles. A couple of top frames,
I think. Vinyl-covered back ledge trim piece. Steering column.
Hood. Several doors. Pair of fenders, bondo and some corrosion
but not crunched ('69, maybe 70).

Two cranks, three bare blocks (I suspect 2 U20 and 1 R16, if
there's a difference), lots of oil pumps, boxes of pistons, a
half-dozen flywheels. Several starters. Jackshafts and cams
(no, no B cam - I checked!). Exhaust manifold and a couple of
headers. There's a smog U20 head, looks like it needs milling
(didn't look too bad though) and from what I could tell I don't
think it's been cut before!

Six seats, all late model, but really just cores - fabric and foam
is totally shot. He'll probably give them away if you show up. A
pair of black headrests that looked OK. A complete wiring harness.
Front hubs with rotors. 2 or 3 gauge clusters (4 in one), plus a
2000 tach and a pair of 67 2000 speedos (by now may already be
spoken for).

Some side glass, some triangular window pieces mounted in
good window channel frames. Lots of odds that I'm overlooking.

You can contact Ken at mailto:kkipling@hotmail.com. If you've
written to him at his other address, write again to this one!
He'll be around Thursday for sure, so you can meet Ken and still
go to Doheney Friday! His storage locker is on the east side of
Sacramento, exit highway 50 at Power Inn, south about a block to
Folsom Blvd, then east about a mile to Folsom Self Storage
(8671 Folsom Blvd).

-- John
     John Sandhoff   sandhoff@csus.edu   Sacramento, CA