Re: Roadster Trailer?

To: stevenh@execpc.com
Subject: Re: Roadster Trailer?
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:00:29 EDT
Years ago I put a hitch on my 1966 1600 to tow a dirt bike to the desert.  It
was very simple, a curved (bent really) flat piece of thick chromed steel fit
under the trunk and curved up under the rear bumper and then stuck out about
6 inches to where the ball mounted.  The bar was secured to the Datsun with a
long bolt thru the trunk floor behind the gas tank, and another short bolt
thru the bottom of the rear bumper.  I wired a pigtail into the rear lights
and connected it to the trailer lights.  It worked fine, and I still have the
hitch.  Probably still available somewhere, but it would be very easy to make
one if not.  The key is to keep the weight off the tongue, as the weight of
two or even three offroad motorcycles is no big deal for the 1600.

Drop me a line if you need a tracing.

Gary C  1966 1600