RE: Stupid Ticket

To: "'Gordon Glasgow'" <glasgow@serv.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stupid Ticket
From: "Patton, Brian Lee" <bpatton@eastman.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:45:50 -0400
I know it's bad, but try living in southern Mexico for a year: Gringos with
autos are easy targets for the local law. Got stopped one night for some
unknown infraction and the "mordita" (little bite) took all of my available
cash. I was working nights, and was left with no money for food. I explained
this to the cop, and he politely refunded me just enough for a delicious
shrimp dinner. We both parted happliy.

A pal of mine hit a cow one night, saw it butchered right in the road and
carried off. The cops abducted him, took his money, bought liquor, and made
him drink 'till dawn with them. Then delivered him back to his hotel.

Not to bash Mexico - I enjoyed every minute of it and would still be there
if I could choose...

Roadster content: Got a babysitter last Friday and toured several local
night spots, just cruising. Garnered MANY comments along the lines of "Man,
great car!"

BP - '69 2000
Columbia SC

Brian L Patton  803.926.5023