Re: Stupid Ticket

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com, tomhouse@integrityonline.com,
Subject: Re: Stupid Ticket
From: MHarper486@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:09:20 EDT
Holiday weekends are hell for silly tickets too.  Several years ago when I
lived in Tennessee (which is known for State Troopers who let you get on down
the road rather unmolested) I was pulled for doing 71 in a 65!  Rather
surprised, I asked, "didn't the speed limit change back to 65 several miles
back?"  He replied, "yes, but not to 71!"  Well I could not argue with that,
(and I had my cruise set on 71, so I knew he was right).   Oh , and I had the
wife & kids along, so I was not in a "suspicious" mode.  Oh well....

Other times in Tennessee, I passed Troopers going 10 over and didn't get a
second glance.  Go figure..

Roadster content:  mine is a 66, so I dont have a throttle (or as some of you
like to believe) a cruise control.

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC