Stupid Ticket

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Stupid Ticket
From: Tom Householder <tomhouse@integrityonline.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:28:40 -0700
Hello all-- I went to court today to pay a ticket I recieved a few weeks
ago
for passing in a no passing zone. They lowered the fine from 170.00 to
105.00
I should have pled  not guilty; but it would have been cheaper to pay
the fine than
miss 1/2 day's work. Whats really stupid about this whole thing is that
ahead of
me were 2 people;

 A 75 year old man who does not drive, yet got a 90.00 ticket for
"jaywalking"
across a country road. Nearest crosswalk is 5 mi. away !!!!!

A young woman was ticketed 225.00 for not having her shoulder harness
over her shoulder. The belt was buckled with the harness under her arm
(she had just had shoulder surgery). Go figure.....

Am I paranoid or is this country becoming a Police State??

Mandatory Roadster Content:
Just installed hardtop on my 69 2000. (Thanks Ken Cook)

______Tom Householder/Portland, OR