What's so bad about the R16 motor? (J series content deleted!)

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's so bad about the R16 motor? (J series content deleted!)
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 17:52:01 -0700
Oh, no, Jim,
        What's wrong with the R16?  I tend to think of 'em as tough little
puppies, restrictive head design notwithstanding.  Maybe not where you'd
start for a race motor, but great for pushing a little roadster around
at reasonable speeds.
        Now, try to lash an overhead cam on it, and I'll start to agree with
you... <grin>
Toby