Re: where to find rust when buying a Datsun Roadster?

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: where to find rust when buying a Datsun Roadster?
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 18:33:34 -0700
Check the FAQ-  can anyone help with the link?  I couldn't find the rust
FAQ...
        Anyhow, there are a few quick checks.  The worst spot is inside the
back corner of the front fender- crud piles up on the rocker end, and
rots it away, often taking the fender and door pillar with it.  Also,the
fender seam above this spot will rust, and it's a bugger to fix back
there.  The opposite end of the rocker- inside the front of the rear
fender- also is a rust trap.  It's easier to fix, but has the same
potential to separate the rocker from the body.  The back, lower part
ofd the rear fender also goes, but it's an easy fix.
        On high-windshield cars, I've also had problems with the inner front
fender- the welded-on strengtheners trap water, and rust the fender.
The insides of the door posts can fill up with junk and water and
rust...
Happy hunting, and get the absolute best one you can find- it'll be a
better deal in the end!
Toby

Sarah Bonomo wrote:

> Hello All,