RE: R1600 Head Stuff

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: R1600 Head Stuff
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:52:22 -0400
a. Get another head
b. clearance the head to fit the pistons by flycutting and or hand grinding.
(expensive and compression will be high)
c. replace the pistons with flatops
d. if the R16 pistons aren't cracked (they often are) , pull them out put them
in a lathe and make them flattops.  (Easy compared to the  head machining).
works fine.

Jim Tyler
Topless Datsun