Re: K&N Filter Source

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: K&N Filter Source
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 07:20:58 -0500
Do these filters allow more clearance between the filter and the inner
fender than stock?  I have been told that with me putting a 2L in a
low-screen 1600, I will have clearance problems with stock air cleaner
assembly-inner fender and brake master.  Although expensive, the K&N's
sounds like an acceptable solution versus modifying the inner fender.
While on the subject, I have two 1600 air cleaner assembly's.  If I don't go
the K&N route, I was considering modifying one of these to bolt up to the
2000 SU's.  Are there different filter options or thicknesses that would
allow for additional airflow so it can breath?

Thanks again!
(preparing for a 3 day vacation spent primarily on the roadster!)

Nathan

> jmmeredith@gbis.com wrote:
> >
> >   You can get  high quality K&N air  cleaners for SU's from APT in
> > Riverside,CA 1 800 278 3278, talk to Lisa. They are of higher quality
than
> > the normal K&N's (stainless steel instead of chromed steel).  available
in
> > heights from 1.75" to 3.5" where as stock  K&N's are listed only at1.75"
> > (K&N part #56-1390) They have air cleaners for any size SU. Also they
have
> > "stub stacks", these are like velocity stacks, which add HP and make the
> > SU's work properly.
> >
> >  I hope this helps,
> >
> >  Monte Meredith
> >  73 510
> >  73 620
> >  69 wagon
> >
> > Ronnie Day wrote:
> >
> > > Getting ready to install SU's and I'm looking for a source for the
K&N's