Re: K&N Filter Source

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: K&N Filter Source
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:42:21 -0500
Thanks to all who responded. Talked to Lisa at APT this morning. Should
have the filters/stacks on Tuesday.

After some measuring I ordered the taller, 3 inch, units. I have the
Motorsports single reservoir  brake M/C, which also happens to have the
bleed fitting coming out of the top rather than one side, so there should
be plenty of clearance. If not, Lisa said she'd swap them out for me.

Dave McCollough at Ishido Motorsports welded the AIR holes on an early
exhaust manifold forme, so I'll swap it along with the new head and the
SU's onto the L-17 this weekend. Should have everything back in the car
mid week and we might actually have a running/street legal 510 for the
first time in recent memory!

Now if it only had air. We set a record at 106 yesterday and it was close
to that today. Ouch!!

Thanks again, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)