Re: K&N Filter Source

To: malcolm cooper <MALDAT@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: K&N Filter Source
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 02:44:45 +0000
malcolm cooper wrote:

> Ron,
> I have read somewhere that the K&N filters are not that good as the
> density of the foam is too great and they heat up the air or some thing
> like that.
> Here we can buy real nice polished trumpets that fit the jap SU,then you
> can use weber socks.You know the long type with the spring inside.

WRONG! Oh god, please don't anyone do this! First off K&Ns are not foam,
so whatever you think you remember hearing somewhere, forget it. You're
having an acid flashback or something. Second off those "socks" are
about the worst thing you could use as far as performance goes (and
filtration) and they *are* foam. Tests have show those socks *COST*
about 5 hp. No No NO. Do not. Not even if they're free. Just say no to
socks. :-)

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher