Re: $ estimate for engine rebuild

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $ estimate for engine rebuild
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:54:04 -0700
I haven't done the conversion (nor would I), but I have seen it done. The
external oil pump on the L-series motor interferes with the front
crossmember in the roadster. One person I know who did this notched the
frame and boxed it for strength. Unfortunately, he forgot to check where
the steering arms go on a roadster. He got a rude surprise the first time
he tried to turn left - the steering arm came up solidly against the new
box. Big oops.

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA