Re: timing chains and stuff

To: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>, Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing chains and stuff
From: P or T <p-pie@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:59:35 -0400
Actually, at one time a couple of years ago, I sourced all the major
parts necessary to convert to a toothed belt drive (belt, 'gears',
etc.).....lots of precise machining of the bores on the gears required,
and as you say, you'd have to re-think the front of the engine, like how
to keep all that oil inside!

But it would be precise, quiet, and cheap as dirt to change belts
whenever you felt like it.

Pete Long