<all> posts to lists re ZCCD

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: <all> posts to lists re ZCCD
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 02:53:52 +0000
I have seen a number of incidents recently where people have used the
various lists I am subscribed to to send me complaints and/or questions
about the magazine (with the added oomph of making a public display
out of it I guess). In several instances the party involved made NO
attempt to contact the magazine directly first. This is NOT acceptable,
not to me and not to most folks on the lists. None of these lists are
customer support services for the magazine. While everyone has the right
to express whatever ideas they want on whatever list they are allowed
to, I think we can all agree that the lists should not be the first
avenue used to ask questions or resolve problems for this or any
business. I try very hard to keep everyone on the lists informed as to
what's going on with ZCCD and I am more open on the lists about ZCCD's
fortunes and foibles than any other business I can think of. But that
does not mean I want the lists used as bulletin boards for ZCCD or as
venues for customer service for ZCCD. To this end, let me make something
very clear. My customer service rep does not monitor the lists and I do
not send him anything from the lists. While I have, up to now, addressed
these types of posts directly and also attempted to resolve issues
brought to my attention this way, I will no longer do so. I also no
longer deal directly with customer service issues. I may respond to the
posts, but I will take no other action, nor will I let my customer
service rep know about them. In other words posting complaints or
questions to the list will not get your problems resolved. The only way
to do that is to email customer service at customer_service@zcarmag.com
or call us at 541-726-6001. I am doing this to forestall any problems
with my participation on the lists and to make sure that people are
using the best method to get their problems solved. I have made no bones
about us having problems, and I have been working hard to get them
fixed. I really do want to solve folks individual problems too. I've put
a lot of time and effort into the magazine and I am trying to make
things right. I do not feel that using the lists in this fashion is the
proper way to do that. I hired a person back in April just to handle
subscriptions and customer service, and going through them is the best
way to get any problems you might have with ZCCD resolved.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher