Re: Update from Randy Christman

To: "Randy Christman" <rcchristman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Update from Randy Christman
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:43:34 -0400

Randy

When I bought my 1600 this April I was in a way trying to regain some of my
younger days (I'm 49).  I was disappointed because the roadster wasn't the
way I remembered my first 2000 in 79.  Of course it wasn't ....10 more years
had past.  I finally accepted that the car was 31 years old and was going to
need a lot of loving care to bring her back to her prime.  With cars you
find the problem and adjust, repair or replace a part.  With relationships
it's more complex but still the same.  Two people have to be willing to
adjust or repair what is wrong.  If that doesn't work they replace the part.
In relationships that should be the last resort. Sadly in our world people
choose replacement too easily.   I am on my second marriage of 16 years.  It
is a good marriage now but it was not that way in the beginning as we spent
6 months separated.  We take with us a lot of old baggage into our new
relationships.  I have found working and driving the roadster to be
therapeutic.  That's the mark of a true hobby.  Anyone who has read the book
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance knows what I mean.  The solving of
problems can and should lead to knowledge and enlightenment.  Your fellow
Roadster members are helping because they know the car can be a tool to work
through the pain.  Not that the car is anything mystical or magical its just
a car destined for a junk yard some day.  its the process we go through and
the satisfaction of driving the car when we succeed that makes it worth
while.  I am saying all this to say that the only repayment anyone wants
from you is to see you move on to better life.  Use the car as a tool to
grow and move on to where God wants you to be.

For What Its Worth

Ron Edgar
68 1600
Ft Lauderdale Fla.