Brake Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Questions
From: arthur@vistamediagroup.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:53:23 -0700

Hi All!

When I rebuilt the master brake cylinder on my '66 I also installed what
looks like a one-way valve of sorts inside the big chamber that the brake
line screws into (do you follow?).  It came with the kit and it was the
only place I could figure that it went.

I just started driving the car and noticed that the brakes got
progressively tighter with use until I could feel that the brakes had
pressure even without touching the pedal.  After a while the pressure
would presumably subside and the car would roll freely again.

Last night I removed the little one-way valve gismo and tried the brakes.
 They seem to operate normally without the pressure build up.  A)  Do I
need this part?  B)  Did I install it correctly?  C)  Will I crash, die
and burn in Roadster hell for all eternity for removing it?

Thanks for the help!

PS: Stan Wada - is your Datsun/Buick/Rover running yet??

Arthur R. Rockwell
'66 SPL311
North Hollywood, CA
"It's ALIVE!!!!"