Re: Timing chain info

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing chain info
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:35:58 -0700
Hi Mike,

Taking pictures is always a great idea, but not usually done when you're
trying to get something fixed in a hurry.

I have no time pressures on my rebuild, so I borrowed a digital camera and
took pictures of it, including last nights session with the timing chains.
Hopefully I can post them soon. Some pictures are of the old and new gears
next to each other, so you can see the differences. Others are step by step
as I installed each piece. Others help explain the placement of the chains
on the gears. I'm doing this because of being a novice, and having a lot of
confusion based on trying to make sense out of the manual. It more or less
says "installation is the reverse of dis-assembly". I took it apart months
ago, and forgot the placements of some things.

3 U-20's! Your girlfriend is a saint. My wife won't let me have the whole
garage, and insists on parking her car inside so my rebuild is crammed in a
corner. I shouldn't complain, as half the garage is my frame-off with junk and
parts.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC