Re: engine transplants

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine transplants
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 19:09:51 -0500
My only concern with that is the price and future availability of parts.
Otherwise that sounds like the best/simplest option as I don't have any
experience with engine transplants.  Another factor is that it would be
very difficult if not impossible to find a U20 with trans and drive shaft
around these parts.
A couple of questions:
1.  What is a L20B from?
2.  What is a KA24 from? a truck?  (2.4L? 4 or 6cylinders?)
3.  How common are these engines and are they fairly easy to fit into a
roadster? (anyone done one before?)

I think that the VG30 would be just a little too big for me but a KA24
sounds like a good option.

Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, MN