engine transplants

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: engine transplants
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:08:51 -0500
Hi everyone,

Lately I've been thinking about replacing my tired R16 with something
more powerfull.  I am in no position to attempt it now but next summer
might be possible.  It all depends on how my money flow is.  I was
wondering what a good candidate would be for an engine.  I would like to
keep it Nissan.  It also must be a fairly simple transplant as I have
never done something like this before (I'll have to get my uncle to help
me probably).  Another big factor is price, it can't be too expensive or
parts too hard to find.  Can you guys think of any good engines
candidates for me?  This isn't serious but I thought I'd throw it out
today.

Thanks,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600