Re: Water pump

To: NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Water pump
From: tomph@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:56:46 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Nathan,

<snip>
>After I completed the rebuild on my 2L and started it up, I noticed my
>origianl water pump was seeping (ugghh).  I checked prices and found they
>weren't as bad as I had expected but after a complete rebuild, the wallet
is
>thin.  Does Nissan or any of our regular suppliers sell the bearing and
seal
>kit seperately?  I talked to four suppliers and none mentioned this.  Has
>anyone gone this route?
>Getting closer to the first cruise!  ;-)

When I worked on my 2L after it sat for 20 years my water pump had a small
seep. One of roadster parts suppliers suggested I run it a little before
changing it. He said that the packing had a tendencay to shrink over time
when not used but with a few miles behind it, it would probably seal up
tight again. I ran it and sure enough, it stopped seeping. That was over 20k
miles ago.

Good Luck

Tom P
Hicksville NY