Windshields

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshields
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 09:04:22 -0500
Hey all-
    Wanted to pick your brains on inexpensive solutions to glass for the
roadster.  I have found the winshields at local glass suppliers but the cost
is usually $400-$600.  Are there any better solutions out there that would
include glass and shipping for less than the above price?
    Three years ago when I lived in Pensacola FL, I was needing a windshield
for the 70 1600.   I found a used windshield off a 2L in a salvage yard for
$75!  In the midwest, for a salvage yard to have cars over 10 years old is a
rarity, nevertheless a roadster!

Thanks for the help!
Nathan

PS- If anyone is in the Pensacola area, that roadster still had a FEW parts.
It was picked fairly clean but still had the engine assembly (minus carbs,
and valve cover), tranny, steering gear, gauges, and some less than perfect
body panels.  The engine is probably full of water, without a valve cover,
but I would imagine the head is still salvageable.  The roadster is probably
still there as it was a  small import salvage yard that had LOTS of old
stuff and didn't appear to EVER rotate his stock.  ENJOY!