Re: still spewing coolant

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: still spewing coolant
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 22:27:09 -0500
Quick question

What should the head bolts be torqued too.  I ordered a new cap but if
that doesn't work I'm going to try to re-torque the head bolts like
Barrie advised.  If the head gasket is bad or the head isn't on tight
enough would the oil and coolant end up mixing?  I know the head gasket
leakes oil slowly so this could very well be a possibility.  Also, what
would make a car burn oil?  Piston rings, valves?  Right now my exhaust
is getting pretty thick.  It's white with a bluish tint and it seems to
be getting worse slowly.