9th Annual British Car Show in Lake Worth, FL

To: mikedenman@earthlink.net, ktnkt@cape.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: 9th Annual British Car Show in Lake Worth, FL
From: Johno8@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:16:25 EST
To any/all Florida readers:

Apologies I was not able to advise of this show beforehand, as I only found
out about it on Saturday afternoon

Yesterday, I drove HP 9877 about 75 miles from Miami to Lake Worth, FL to
participate in the 9th Annual British Car Show.  It's a long haul up and down
I-95 at 45 mph, but was worth it.  Several much more modern LBCs passed me
both ways, travelling rather faster. This year's show was the largest ever,
with 237 cars.  There were 14 Rolls/Bentleys and a full pride of Jaguars.
Triumphs, MGs, Austins and Austin Healeys, Minis, Daimlers, Hillmans, Lotus,
TVR, Morris, Morgan, etc.  Only one Alvis, though, which was not only the
oldest car there but also to my pleasant surprise won the sponsors' Best of
Show.  I came away with a delightful engraved glass display dish and two
engraved champagne flutes.

A great LBC show to be noted on your calendars for future years.  Usually
held the 2nd or 3rd Sunday in February.

Best regards,

John Layzell
1925 Alvis SC 12/50 - oldest Alvis in North America
and yes, it has the original FWB option