Re: TR7 BFH#52 - Failed emissions test

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#52 - Failed emissions test
From: Fred Talmadge <fredtal@industryinet.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:41:06 -0600
I had a vacuum advance/retard distributor on my 1970 TR6, retarding the
ignition helps pass smog especially at idle.  My old Lotus Elan pegged the
meters it polluted so bad, but a quick run up a hill to blow carbon and get
the engine nice and hot helped me pass.  Italian tune-up is the proper term
for this method :)

Fred Talmadge

I need to get that old Elan running again ... elan.96trees.com