Re: TR7 BFH#52 - Failed emissions test

To: <Eganb@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#52 - Failed emissions test
From: "Neil Sherry" <sherry@invention-machine.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:25:37 -0000
Doesn't sound like a dramatic failure to me. New dizzy should help. If the
auto-choke has not been working the carbs may be set a little rich to help
starting - so the should be the scope to lean it down, as long as you can
still start it. The warm afternoon will help.
Check the regulations. Here in the UK when emission testing became part of
the MoT test, after lots of late MGB's in fine condition were failing there
was a concession to test at a faster idle speed, which allows everything to
work slightly better.

Best of luck
Neil