TR7 BFH#51 - Nitrous?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#51 - Nitrous?
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:05:02 EST
Nitrous Oxide?  Well?  Could I put it in my TR7?

This gasoline fume-induced fantasy came about as I get ready to write an
article about NASCAR racing, for which I get to drive a NASCAR stock car for
eight laps this coming weekend.  600 horsepower -- whew!....  A friend, who
lives and dies by drag racing, keeps ragging me about putting nitrous oxide
in the TR7, at moderate amounts of course.

I keep telling him he's crazy, would blow the engine, too expensive, etc.
But after next weekend I may definitely feel the need for speed....

Yeah, I know, a V8 conversion is a better idea.  Others of you are probably
saying, "Get a real Triumph."

But what about nitrous?  Could you do it in a conservative way and not wreck
the engine?

I can just see having a shift knob with a red button that says "Bye Bye" just
like in the movie "Gone in Sixty Seconds."

Yeah, I know, I should finish installing the fuel pump first!...

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC