TR7 BFH#51 New Piggotti Book and Victory Edition Wheels

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#51 New Piggotti Book and Victory Edition Wheels
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 21:24:03 EST
I just got Bill Piggott's the latest book, "Original Triumph TR7 & TR8 - The
restorer's guide."  It is a great overview of the TR7/TR8 series, and it must
have been particularly challenging to write, given all the changes between
factories and the different configurations of the TR7/8 for the different
markets throughout the world.

Not only that, apparently the factories would occasionally use whatever parts
were laying around, so even cars coming off the line right after each other
could be different. If there's anyone on the Triumph lists that used to work
in the factories, it would be great to hear any stories from you!

One thing I didn't realize was how rare the TR7 Sprint series is.  Also the
Grinnall Conversions look pretty spiffy.

Another item that caught my eye was the mention of the 1976 TR7 Victory
Edition, which had white, six-spoked steel wheels that apparently were prone
to cracks and had to be recalled.

It turns out that my spare is one of these Victory Edition wheels.  Who knows
what it is doing in my 1980 TR7.  Since they may not be the best wheel for a
spare, I'll probably buy a stock TR7 wheel to replace it.

But I did wonder if maybe the wheel had some value because it was on the
Victory Edition model, ie are these wheels rare or desirable to anyone?

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC