Re: TR6 instrument knobs.

To: PJ Hartman <hartmanp@iia.org>
Subject: Re: TR6 instrument knobs.
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 18:20:38 -31802 (PST)
PJ,
        If no one has replied to your message, I will.   The pins are
very small, shorter than the radius of the shaft.  They are forced out
away from the shaft by a leaf spring which is welded to the shaft.  The
pin presses into the hole of the control knob, and retains the knob in
place.  To reomove the knob, simply depress the pin, (against the force
of the tiny leaf spring) inward, whilst pulling hard on the knob.
        After the knob is free of the shaft, you can see the leaf spring
and pin arrangement and my wierd explanation above might make some more
sense.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6