TR6 instrument knobs.

To: BritCar List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 instrument knobs.
From: PJ Hartman <hartmanp@iia.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 15:03:21 -0500 (EST)
Okay.  I know that at least one of you has been through this before.
More than likely, a number of you have.  I'm hoping you'll save me some
aggravation.  I want to remove the dash of the '75 TR6.  Unfortunately, I
need to get the control knobs (i.e. light switch, etc.) off their shafts
before I may remove the dash (from all appearances).  The knobs, as you
know, are fitted onto shafts, and are held in place by what seems to be a
pin driven through the shaft.  My dilemma surfaces when I realize that
the knobs have only ONE hole, not two.  The pin can be driven into the
knob/shaft configuration, but how the heck do you remove it?  Please save
me while I've got some hair left.

--
P.J. "This dash is coming off one way or another" Hartman

hartmanp@iia.org